catch the rawr hint!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What's Tiny Pieces of My Fourth Semester Been Up To

Whoa. It's been a long time not to write here yet a very big question will appear whether I have even a reader or not. I've luckily survived from my third semester, and now am crawling and guessing what's next on my fourth one.

This semester as still I see blur but fun. I still have books to analyze, journals and essays to read, poems to make for friends who fall in love, songs, and......movies. This is the coolest thing ever I did and will do over all my college experiences: I will do watch movies, mostly the not-so-popular-and-rated-by-everyone-but-clearly-genius-and-fucking-good. There's nothing special with movies but when other majors have no time watching movies and busy with numbers, pictures, and codes, we are here having movie screening in class, discussing, and arguing.

Movie as well as I've known, is entertaining. But here, I am forced to have a closed look to its plot, characters, narrative, setting, dialogue, and so on, in which I could get something from it, to learn, to reflect, to be more sensitive. I am forced to do that; analyzing, analyzing, and analyzing again.

I also found myself falling in love with the classic movie ones; the old ones. They do not have to have a good graphic, beautiful setting, stunning actor or actress, they just have elegant and clever dialogues I love it. I've started three old movies for this semester- The Breakfast Club, 12 Angry Men, and Stranger Than Fiction- am very impressed of my lecturer's taste, good to know we still have few movies until the rest of this semester.

Ok. You've heard my creative writing class. It must be fun and should be fun because I have to be creative and if there's any force and mounts of materials to read, subjectively there'll be no creativity. You've heard 'the only fun' I'll get for this semester and the one which I happily share.

When I wrote this post, suddenly there was something knocked at my door yelling "Hey this is me, assignment 1", it came in my room asking me to make a fictional character and I gave it a cup of relaxing tea telling it to wait until I finished my post.


It was very close to my ear and said, "May the force be with you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.